Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week One

of Winter "Break".

I spent at least 4 hours each day at the school. Turning in grades, meetings with students and other faculty, editing/revising 2 manuscripts, faculty service stuff, proposing a May Intersession class, and a webtext review for C&C Online. I still have a list to do post-Christmas, but I got all the necessary stuff done. Why do they call it a break? I guess it's a break from teaching.

Today, I got the oil changed in my car so I can travel to T-town to see friends either Mon or Tues.

Tmw my spouse's first goats arrive, just 2, tho. He's built a shelter and puts up a hot-wired fence tmw to keep in the goats and out the predators. As of tmw, I'll be married to a goat farmer.

I should get a Christmas card designed, too. Maybe I'll wait till I can take a pic of the goats.

Oh, and shopping? I bought an ornament today and some lotion in a snowman dispenser. I'm basically Santa.

Here's a link to a funny Jack Bauer mash-up with ole St. Nick himself.

1 comment:

kerrie said...

Not sure which is more sad...you being married to a Goat Farmer or me having about 300 jokes in my head about it?!

J/K - Merry Christmas to you'all!
KG