Thursday, June 10, 2010

We've inherited a cat

So, the across the street neighbor sold his house and he had an outside cat that couldn't go with him. Now, he's ours or we're his people.

Stuffy, or "mr. stufalufagus" to me, is a big long haired black cat who likes to be brushed on his own terms. I don't normally tolerate cats. They're spooky. But, this guy kills rodents, and I appreciate it.

So, we'll feed him and scratch him and make him feel welcome outside our home until he finds someone better.

We spent most of last night and today watching the TV series "Spartacus". It was pretty blood and gore, but it had a neat storyline, too. It seemed almost video-game-ish in some of the fight scenes, so it was cool that way, too.

And, I worked for about 2 hours on the mentoring article. It's clear to me that there's alot of correlation between comp pedagogy and the mentoring process, esp in collaboration and feminist theory. The hardest part for us, I think, will be the structure/form of the article. But, we'll work it out.

Still trying to read The Life of Pi...it's a slow go.

3 comments:

kerrie said...

Life of Pi! Life of Pi! In my top-5 faves of all time! Stick with it (yes, the gore and the boredom). It's AMAZING!!!

And congrats on the kitty!
kg

Rachel said...

my suggestion as far as the life of pi: listen to it instead. I've been "reading" a lot lately at work, and it helps get through the boring stuff, because I'm doing something else at the same time. :)

Fox Tail Butt Plug said...

Life of Pi! Inside my top-5 faves of them all! Stick with it (of course, the particular gore as well as the indifference). It's AMAZING!!! G-spot Vibrator