Friday, February 05, 2010

Final Review

Well, the monograph is in its final review. All edits have been approved, I sent in a photo for the cover...looks like it'll be out in April, same month as the Western article in the UPKY edited collection and the same month that the Whedon/Neitzsche draft is due.

Just turned in another proposal about mentoring and assessing the teaching of writing. So, that's 2 proposals out for review. And, just sent out a co-authored article for review and a co-authored chapter for edits. busy.

For the first time, I assigned a PechaKucha 20/20 presentation over a Comp Theorist in my Comp Theory/Practice class. Thursday was the first group, and it went REALLY well. The students seemed to embrace the whole concept even though it wasn't easy, so thanks to Dr. Schirmer via Flint, Michigan for the idea. Instead of dreading presentations, I'm looking forward to the next group. Hopefully all my smart students will finally have the confidence they should have. They even handled the QA nicely. I need to teach the students how to ask questions, though. I'm not as good at that as I should be.

In other news, I got student evals back from the Fall and did fine. I actually think some of my majors are WAY too nice, but it boosted my spirits this afternoon after waking up grum. py. And, to top off my week, I'm working on a sophomore retention plan from the perspective of an advising committee.

the weekend awaits as the 50 Comp 2 papers do...and so I'm going to go read a bad vampire slayer novel. at least we have power. last week/end we went 4 days without.

1 comment:

kasey mckinzie said...

speaking of not updating....